Holy Trinity Anglican Church
Reputed to be the oldest church in Lagos, this place of worship was built by Anglican missionaries and established as a mission station on January 10, 1852. The first catechist, James White, preached the first sermon on that day. The mission station would eventually come to be the Holy Trinity Anglican Church, Ebute Ero, named after both the Holy Trinity Church, Upper Dicker, East Sussex and the Holy Trinity Church, Margate in Kent, both in England, following in the Anglican tradition of naming new churches after their mother churches. The current church building was constructed in 1929. There have been 24 vicars/pastors of the Holy Trinity Anglican Church Ebute-Ero since inception. It has been led by Venerable J. Olu Adeyi since 2008. The Holy Trinity Primary School was established by the Anglican Church in 1888 and is situated on Church Street, Ebute Ero.